Wednesday, February 08, 2006

A relaxed mind meanders

Spring break is (finally!) pretty much totally planned out. I have one more flight to make, and Elise is making plans for the Switzerland part of our trip. My itinerary:

Feb. 12-20 Rome with my Dad; planning to see the major sites, Pantheon, Vatican, Campidoglio, Tempietto, and some of my favorite churches, Sant Andrea delle Valle, Santa Maria Sopra Minerva, Sant Ivo, and Santa Maria della Vittoria. I think I'll also take him to Ultimate Frisbee, so he can poke around the park and meet some of the Italians I know, and daytrip to Assisi, and maybe Bagnoreggio and Siena, some of my favorite places. They also fulfill the activity requirement! And of course, we'll hit up the gelateria shops!

Feb. 20-22: Traveling to, staying at, and leaving Lourdes, France. It's supposed to be really pretty, and I'm meeting up with my roommate Yacintha and her mom there so I'll have someone to walk around with.

Feb. 23-24: In Angers with Elise. I'm thinking about taking some day trips to Paris and maybe Alencon, where St. Therese was born while she still has classes.

Feb. 25-27: Switzerland with Elise for the weekend... she's planning that one, so details later...

Feb. 28- Mar. 5th: IRELAND! I'm hopefully meeting up with and staying with a girl from Walsh who's studying in Dublin this semester, then traveling to Killarney with Grant and Cailin (both arkies) and seeing the ring of Kerry, Cliffs of Moher, Galway, and Connemara before flying out of Dublin back to Rome.
..................................

Phew... ok, so I took a quizzie from Claire and it said:
Who Should Paint You: Andy Warhol

You've got an interested edge that would be reflected in any portrait
You don't need any fancy paint techniques to stand out from the crowd!


While I admire him, I don't think that's who I would choose at all. I would have preferred a more traditional painter, but I think they were underrepresented in this quiz. I love the impressionists, and Caravaggio was a genius. We have a book in our library here that shows some of the drapery that Leonardo did, and it's absolutely fabulous. He's fantastic too. So many great artists, but I think overall I'm definitely less of a modern, pop art type person, so that quiz really surprised me.

Also speaking of Claire, I got a joke today that I know she (and several other people I know) will appreciate:

"The importance of punctuation"

Dear John,

I want a man who knows what love is all about. You are generous,
kind, thoughtful. People who are not like you admit to being useless and inferior.

You have ruined me for other men. I yearn for you. I have no
feelings whatsoever when we're apart. I can be forever happy--will
you let me be yours?

Gloria

Or

Dear John,

I want a man who knows what love is. All about you are generous,
kind, thoughtful people, who are not like you. Admit to being
useless and inferior.

You have ruined me. For other men, I yearn. For you, I have no
feelings whatsoever. When we're apart, I can be forever happy. Will
you let me be?

Yours,

Gloria


ahahaha.

OK, now off to work (and pack, and think of break)

4 Comments:

Blogger Claire said...

Oh, that joke is great. I may have to post that on my blog as well. Made me giggle. :)

Sounds like you're in for a rockin' spring break. I'll be in Paris with the Honors Program over mine, although unfortunately I won't arrive until after you've left France. I'm particularly jealous of your trip to Ireland. You will love it. I want to go back so badly. :)

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanna take Irish history, and maybe I'll get to go back to Ireland, and maybe you or Mom can come with me!!

4:32 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

aww! I wanted to climb Crough Patrick, but I couldn't persuade the others in my group :(
We are going to see the Ring of Kerry though which is supposed to be pretty and also to the Cliffs of Moher, so I'm excited about that!

7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats totally awesome dude.
Would you take some pictures for me

I wish I could go
love Chris

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home