Monday, January 23, 2006

ouch

This past weekend was amazing- it was all sports (yes, I know this is a very Claire-ish post), but I'm feeling the effects of it today! On Friday we had arkie soccer for 2 hours which was a ton of fun as always, and I scored my first goal! Some other people showed up too, I think there were a couple of students from Romania or someplace like that who study at the university in Rome, and another italian named Emiliano who also plays frisbee. He was also on the Italian national junior team or something like that, but he got hurt, so he's really good but doesn't compete anymore. He was on my team for soccer though, and he kept saying "you have to score!" So he kept trying to pass the ball to me if I was open, and finally in the last game I did get a goal! Woohoo!
Saturday the arkies had "sports extravaganza" day, so almost all of us went up to Villa Borghese and played football with a couple of marines from the US Embassy. I scored 2 touchdowns, because for the first several minutes I just ran the same route over and over, so eventually the girl who was defending me just jumped that route and kept jumping it for the rest fo the game, leaving me wide open whenever I ran something different. So I pretty much was open on every other play after the first 10. We then tossed around a frisbee, kicked around a soccer ball, and lost horribly to the boys in kickball. I scratched my leg up pretty badly sliding into second in kickball, but luckily we had a first aid kit in studio so I got some antibiotic ointment and it's doing fine, just ugly.
Sunday was ultimate frisbee day. A couple of other people had also come with me on friday and saturday, and we were all hurting, but we didn't want to miss out. We ran and ran and ran up and down that field because a lot of people showed up. Today I was pretty much immobile, although better than I thought I would be. I just can't be in one position for long or I get really stiff. It was a lot of fun to get out and run around that much though, and it made me feel pretty darn in shape-although I've done a great job of compensating by eating a lot of nutella!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

makes me jealous! You must be over your cold, which is a good thing - but I am still in the throes of the worst head cold I've had for years. Oh well...
Love,
Mom

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww mom! feel better...
wow Claire - you are special...but that is awesome over all those goals! good job!
Love you!

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home