Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Pictures!


I just painted these pictures the other day, and I liked both of them so I thought I would share them. The first one isn't that great in a picture, and it's not my best painted either, but in person the colors are more vibrant. It's a postcard size, and I'm sending it out to my grandmother. In case you couldn't tell, it's St. Peter's from across the Tiber, so if my painting is really that bad just pretend you recognize the scene from the picture!
This second picture is the card I painted to send to Tara's family. I figured it was pretty appropriate to make one since I was in art class with her, and I really liked the rose. I'm really proud of how that one turned out. The whole time I was working on it I kept thinking it wasn't going to turn out, but it finally did and it's one of my favorite things I've done so far, especially in watercolor. I really don't want to send it out, actually!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

absolutely magnificent! I am in awe -
Love,
mom

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're both gorgeous Claire! can I get one?

2:12 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

Beautiful!

5:13 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

thanks guys. I'd love to do another one, but it took a bit of time, so I'm not sure when my next opportunity to do something like that will happen. I would love to do a bunch of them and send them to everyone though. If I get a chance, you guys will get them!

5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home