Monday, January 09, 2006

Tara Howard

Yesterday I found out that one of my friends from high school died in a car crash. I don't really know what to say... I'm a little down because she was such a great person. We were in the same art class for several years and we sat around and joked, because that was the best part about art class- you could talk during class and have fun as long as you worked as well. We both enjoyed it, especially Portfolio class with Lanciotti. I remember Tara's love for art, and her talent for it.

What I really remember about Tara though, and what I would like most for others to remember, is her caring. The particular episodes that come to mind were during my junior and senior years. Junior year, one of the English teachers lost her daughters in a tornado at University of Maryland, College Park, and Tara would stop by her room after school most days for the next two years and help the teacher clean up after the day and get ready for the next day of classes. She would come in at the end of the year to help put things away and at the beginning of the year to help set up as well. I don't think she ever said why she was really there, but they both knew.

I don't think there's a better memory, for Tara, or for anyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home