Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Almost there!

So I was realizing today that I have a little more than one week of classes left, so like 7 classes. I also have a trip to Budapest coming up this weekend, which will be major fun. This got me started on what i would like when i get home though... so here goes.
I am looking foward so much to not pasta- I really am relishing fish stew on Christmas eve, and I would love a crabcake. I miss that. And Bergers cookies- they need to be brought back to Rome.
Also missing indian chicken with chickpeas, which I know is a weird thing to miss, but I guess it's complicated enough that I don't know how to make it and I probably don't have the time anyway.
Really missing being able to go outside the front door and see grass. I love grass!
And... a HAIRCUT! My hair is probably the longest it's been in 4 years. I know that's only at my shoulders, but that's pretty drastic for me, and it means that it's long enough that I can see how much the ends need to be trimmed on a regular basis.
I'm a little iffy on swimming- I miss smelling the chlorine and gliding through the water, but it's been so long that i feel like I'm probably inept at swimming! I haven't done anything wit my arms except sketch, and I'm pretty sure that doesn't help swimming. I know there's a pool in Rome, but Nina and I haven't checked it out yet. We haven't really had time and I think it's a bus ride away at least, so that'll still have to wait.

I think that's about all I came up with. I think I'm going to try and go on a run now for the first time in a while, probably towards Circus Maximus and then St. Peters. Fun stuff...

2 Comments:

Blogger Claire said...

Budapest--wow. Have fun and take lots of pictures! Are you in Rome for the year or for a semester?

9:08 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

In Roma for a year... well a school year. I think we leave at the end of April????

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home