Monday, November 21, 2005

Roma

I haven't said a whole lot about the city I'm living in recently, so here goes. Rome has so far been really warm, except for the last 2 days, which have been like 30 degrees Farenheit, so a little chilly. Taking notes in class today wasn't much fun, and I think graphics tomorrow will be even less. Not looking foward to that. Then, on Thursday, I'm leaving to spend Thanksgiving in Cinque Terre and go hiking- so more outdoors! Aside from the weather, I often randomly think of things I like or don't like about Rome, so I think I'm going to have to list a few...
Things I like:
They have chestnut roasting vendors on the street- and roasted chestnuts are really good. It always makes me think of that one christmas song with chestnuts roasting on an open fire. They also have fresh coconut when it's warmer, and that was good too.

That there's a church on almost every corner- it's fun to duck in and see what all of them look like.

The random musicians. Of course it's annoying when some of them come around and beg, but listening to them play in trams and in piazzas just as you walk around the city is a good time.

Having water fountains for drinking placed around the city.

Things I don't like:
All the beggars. I've never felt more guilty in my life, but I also feel like it's all a scam. Grrr.

Dog poop. It's everywhere. It stinks.

The euro. It makes me want to pull my hair out and go live somewhere ridiculously cheap.

All the fashionable italians... because I am definitely not wearing boots with a nice coat and 5 colors of dye in my hair (and huge sunglasses).

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm offended. WOOF!! luv, ur big dog

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

who on earth wrote that comment? Mom or Chris?

9:42 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

Don't ask me... I have no idea. I disclaim all responsibility for the comments made on this blog.

7:08 AM  
Blogger Claire said...

Mmmm...fresh coconut. Sounds wonderful.

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home