Friday, October 28, 2005

I got hit by a car today...

but it wasn't serious, I was just trying to get in the door of studio and it backed up into me and I shouted and they stopped. I wasn't hurt at all or anything, but that should tell you something about Italian drivers! I also was proud of myself for going for a run today- I've been struggling with exercising, trying to find a good time and someone to go with, and a good path to take. My options for the path are either 1) randomly through the city, which means stopping every 10 feet for traffic 2) along the tiber embankment, which has a lot of homeless people under the bridges or 3) above the tiber embankment on the sidewalk, which is next to the busiest streets in Rome and has a lot of exhaust. I think #3 is the best so far, but there's no perfect route. There's a gym that I could belong to, but it's like 50 euros a month, which seems like a lot when I could just go out and run. I think that might be the most frustrating thing here so far- I feel like my healthy food options are limited and I can't exercise as much as I used to. The way to get full when eating out is to order either pasta or pizza, and I'm at the point where I'm craving veggies. I made my own meals about a third of the time this last month, but I think I'm going to up that this month because it's cheaper and I think I'll feel better about it. Veggies are cheap at the grocery store too- I got a zucchini and a huge red pepper there today for like a euro and fifteen cents. Coming out of ND I think that's especially pronounced because the dining hall is so good and there is always someone ready to exercise with you. I feel like so much more of a grouch when I don't exercise, I've noticed. So I think I'm really going to try hard to go running more frequently and I'm seriously thinking about doing another triathalon over the coming summer so I'll have motivation to really get back to where I feel like I could and should be.

2 Comments:

Blogger Claire said...

Yikes! That title gave me a shock. Lol. Glad you're ok. :)

8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dad told me about that....that's somehting to say "wow" about!

1:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home