Sunday, October 09, 2005

Pictures!



I have a few pictures I've bummed off of people of the Villa d'Este, so knowing how anxious you are to see these, I present:


Angelo, pretending to eat an acanthus leaf (this is kinda an architecture picture because there's a myth that the Corinthian column was created by a man who saw an acanthus plant growing around a basket, so all of us architecture dorks were really excited to see an acanthus plant!)







On the right is the view down one of the walkways I described with about 300 fountains lining the path on the left. It's hard to see, but at the end of this walkway there is a fountain celebrating Rome.





And this on the left is a little bit better view... in the foreground is Jessie taking a picture of Cailin pretending to fall in.





This was facing the other direction from the previous two pictures. I thought it was pretty cool- and it looks like there's a lot more water there in real life than it does here! I guess hearing the water makes it seem like there's more of it.




Nina and I are waiting out the storm inside after she sprained her ankle. I think that's it for my show today. Time to get back to work :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home