Wednesday, September 21, 2005

It's been a while

I was being so good about updating! We finally finished our project, presented it, and never have to look at it again. It wasn't bad, actually; I really liked doing it as a group except that I felt like I didn't do as much as some other people- although I didn't feel like I was slacking either.
Last night I went and watched Fight Club with a bunch of other people in Tom's room. I thought it was going to be an action movie, and it was, but the end just totally twisted the movie around. I had to work hard to wrap my head around that. Before that I went hiking around Rome and saw the Tempietto by Bramante, which was really cool. It's inside the Spanish school in Rome or the Spanish embassy or something like that, just chilling in the courtyard, and I didn't know that you could go inside it and that it has a lover level. So it was pretty cool to find all of that out, and it's on a pretty big hill so we had a great view out over all of Rome. I like seeing the mountains in the distance, but my roommates liked seeing the domes on the skyline, although there was a big crane in the way, which just kinda ruined the atmosphere a bit!
We also visited the Capitoline museum (I think it was that one) and saw an exhibit on Alberti. At least I thought it was going to be on hom, but really it was like his life and times, so they had a bunch of drawings by like anonymoust 14th century people which were good, but kinda disappointing because I thought I would get to see sketches by Alberti. All they had from him was a book where he measured the distances to different monuments in Rome and recorded them. The coolest part of the whole thing was actually some illuminated manuscripts that came from the Escorial in Spain.
Today I didn't have class, so I went with some other people to the local police station to get a stay permit. We had to wait a long time, and they gave us the wrong tickets at the beginning, which meant we were bumped to the end of the line we wanted. Arrgh. We made a lot of comments about how the DMV was better, but I think even with all the confusion this might have been faster. So anyway, I got described as having "celestere" eyes (light blue, I'm going to think of celestial here and go with having divine eyes) and I had to get fingerprinted. I felt like a criminal, but it was kinda neat having them taken.
I think that's a fair summary of what I've done, so till next time...

2 Comments:

Blogger Claire said...

thanks for updating. Why do you need a stay permit? After talking to you on the phone I went out and bought you some pajamas and gum and stuff, but then I went online and found out that it would probably cost $40 or more to send it. :(
So I bought stamps to mail you a letter instead...
Conor's leg is doing fine.
Love,
Mom

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Claire!! Try to not get into too much trouble now that they have your fingerprints!! lol. Anyway the Mount is dramatic as ever and I hope your having a good time!!
Love, Colleen

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home