Sunday, September 11, 2005

A post!

I can update! And, continuing the good news, studio here might soon get wireless, which would be AMAZING. Anyway, you all probably don't want to hear about my internet situation, so I guess I should tell you all what I've been doing. Which is walking. Yesterday I went with Eric and some of my studio group from last year to try and find the fields to play ultimate frisbee on. We started walking and we went over a bridge to this island in the middle of the Tiber (where we saw a bride coming out of a church, which was cute) and then continued over to the other side. At that point we had been walking for a while, so we decided to ask an information booth how far away from the fields we were. They were basically like "why are you even trying to walk, it's ridiculously far" but we decided to keep walking anyway, but they were right so we eventually headed back. Then we siestaed and then I went and bummed food off of Angelo, who had cooked a genuine italian dinner with fresh ingredients, although ever since Miss Sarah's I've been a little leery of genuine sausage (Colleen, I know you know what I mean). After the dinner we headed off to an irish pub that was showing the game. There were like three Michigan fans in there with us, which made the whole game so much fun. We periodially sang the fight song and had people do push-ups, and at the end we sang the alma mater. It was great, even if we did get a lot of looks for this from the people outside. Then we got gelato and sat on the steps of the Pantheon to eat it, which was pretty darn cool. Then I went back to my room and had a very long discussion on religion, politics, and other deep subjects. And yes, I have been sober the whole trip, if a little high off of life. Time for more exploring now- I'll update more later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home