Thursday, September 01, 2005

The Bigger Picture Post

One of the best things about going to a school like Notre Dame is you meet so many people that you would not otherwise meet, kids from all over the country and the world. This year I'm rooming with a girl from Indonesia, and I never even thought about something like that happening when I applied to college. It makes it annoying in the summer because you can't see nearly as many of your friends as you would like, since they live anywhere from florida to arizona to seattle, but it also makes me go crazy whenever I hear about a disaster. Last year it was the tsunami where my roommate lives, and the hurricanes in florida where I know more people. Now it's Katrina, and I do have friends from New Orleans, who haven't heard out of their family. After seeing the news, I even parted with some money (and you all know I am a cheapskate), because that is just beyond description down there. I hope my money does something. A little part of me would love to go down there and hand out water or something, but the rational side of me says I would never be able to deal with that, so donating online is my compromise. I used Catholic Charities USA, which is at this link, http://www.catholiccharitiesusa.org/news/katrina.cfm
It's the US branch of Catholic Relief Services. I actually tried to donate through the Red Cross, but that site got too confusing for me, LOL, I guess only smart people can save the world with the Red Cross.
God Bless everyone.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Microsoft Tweaks Start.com Again
The MSN team continues to tweak the Start.com Web aggregator site. There's a new URL for the Start.com page, for one .
Love your blog ! I'm bookmarking you!

I have a franchise site/blog. It touches on franchise related stuff.

Check it out if you get time :-)

10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what on earth is up with those two comments? anyway, you are definitely a cheapskate, and that situation in New orleans / Louisiana/Mississippi area is beyond horrendous. I was watching the news last night and it was such a shock. anyway - I'm going to do studying :-P

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home