Monday, September 12, 2005

Proud to own a Puki

I know you are all dying to know what this title means, because I didn't until last night either. We decided to go to this chinese place for dinner because you can get a lot of food for not a lot of money, so we go in an sit down and manage to place our order in italian, which was good because they definitely didn't know english. So we were trying to have a speak in italian night, and it wasn't working that well at all because we didn't know wnough words and totally forgot how to speak in any tense other than the present. Anyway, we were laughing a lot at how little we knew and then we noticed these guys right behind us staring at us. So after like 30 minutes of staring, the one turns around and starts talking to us. He's Jose, from San Paolo, Brazil, and he's there with Georgio and Roberto. So they ask if we know italian, because they've been listening very obviously, and we are like, no, (haven't you heard us butcher it for the past half hour?) Then they ask the dreaded question: How old are you? So we told them, and then I figured we should definitely know how old they were. They wouldn't tell us exactly, but as soon as I asked the question, Jose was like "too old!" So after dinner they went up to pay their bill and came back with 3 little puki, which are like cartoon characters, and these are on a string with a light. You are supposed to attach it to your cellphone and it lights up when you get a call. It works too! We had a lot of fun with those.
Today wasn't nearly as exciting; we finally started classes, so no more wandering around the city for the whole day. I was in class from 9-12 and then from 1-6. We were pretty hungry when we got out, snd if I do say so myself I made an excellent dinner. I had marinated some steaks in oregano, basil, rosemary, garlic, and olive oil earlier, so I cooked that up with a salad and some mashed potatoes and bread and olive oil dip. It was molto deliciosio. And that's about the story of my day, although I would like to add that I got a shirt and a skirt for 3 euro apiece yesterday. Amazing.

3 Comments:

Blogger Claire said...

sounds like you're having a great time. I knew that deep down somewhere was someone who would be a great cook...
love,
Mom

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CLaire!!!! you COOKED?!!! I'm so impressed (and it sounds like it tasted a ton better than the mostly vegetarian food I've been eating!) and that must have been a real deal on the clothes. what do they look like? oh yeah, and add me to your friends list on facebook or I will email you every day ;-) jk. Love ya! have fun and god Bless!

10:16 AM  
Blogger Claire said...

I personally thought the highlight of the post was that I got a cell-phone thingy, but apparently it was that I cooked. Who knew?

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home