Wednesday, February 01, 2006

At the Lateran

There was a conference today at St. John Lateran, so I headed over to check it out. It was about catholic education and there were a bunch of cardinals and Fr. Jenkins there, but I thought it was surprisingly boring. I mean, these guys are smart, they all had doctorates from Oxford and stuff, but I could have told you all the stuff they said. I think it was essentially a pep rally for people involved with Catholic education. It wasn't a debate, or addressing a specific problem; it was just three (granted, very smart and articulate) men giving speeches. The most specific comment of the night was "Catholic universities have a responsibility to address the most pressing moral and ethical concerns of the society in which they exist." Well, I could have told you that! So that was disappointing, but then they awarded some cardinal I didn't know and the US ambassador to the Holy See honorary doctorates, which was pretty interesting, and there was free food and champagne downstairs afterwards!

In other exciting news, the board of trustees is coming tomorrow and they pinned up the best of the semester's work in one of the rooms... the project that I was in the masterplanning group for is now pinned up, as is one of the watercolors I did for graphics!! Yay!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats!! that's wonderful!

btw, Mommom wants to know if you need any clothes. She'd send them out...

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's sweet for you! good job!

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home