Tuesday, January 31, 2006

it's been a while

I've been doing a lot of everything...sleeping like it's my job, playing soccer and frisbee, and of course working on the studio project. We finally finished the first part and that's collected and graded, so now we're moving on to designing the plans, sections, and fronts of the building. I think I'm going to go skiing this weekend, so I guess I'd better get moving on that too. I haven't done a whole lot, but I have worked on a new and hopefully improved resume (although that's not finished, darn it) and taken pictures of projects and *even* edited them on photoshop! Wow, that's a lot for mwe. I think I'll be setting up a new website to post the photos nicely so I can show the link to the site on my resume, and hopefully I'll post a link on my blog too so you can check out what I'm actually doing in school! I also got some reservations made for spring break. It's definite that my dad is coming from the 12th-20th; then I'm going to head out and meet Yacintha in Lourdes for 2 days before taking the train from Lourdes to Angers to meet up with Elise. I'll spend a couple of days there and then we're going to travel to probably Germany or Switzerland, or both for the weekend of Feb. 25-27, and then I have a flight to Dublin and I'm going to go around Ireland with a couple of other arkies until March 5th, when we fly back to Rome. Phew. I'm actually going far fewer places then a lot of people- but there is no way I could plan to go see any more places than what I have already. It's only just starting to fall into place now for me! Well I think that's about all I have to say; I'm helping to cook a dinner at the North American College tonight (it's a seminary, and the seminarians come over once a week to have a faith formation, and we had a faith formation dinner for them once, so they're returning the favor, but I think we're still cooking, so it's mostly just the favor of using their apparently very nice kitchen) so I'd better beat street. Ciao chicas!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My goodness, claire - you've got a lot planned. Do you have enough $?

Things are going well here. I'm feeling much better, Dad is a little sick too but also on the mend. Chris has the contagion now and he missed school today. Conor is a little under the weather but not too bad. and Colleen just keeps going - she doesn't seem to get sick at all. Must be going to the pool everyday...

Sorry I didn't call you back on sunday. By the time I got home I started to get dinner and then I had to go out and pick up Dad again. The new Honda was in the shop - it was acting so weird- the engine was skipping or something and the car would lurch. I just picked it up about and hour ago and it handled like a new car. Really nice.

Today was parent day at MDS. Dad & I both went. Colleen's classes are mostly duds, but Moran and Jennings (psych)are definitely high points. No wonder they are her favorites. Have to see if we can get her in with Mr. Posner next year...

How's your bronchitis?

Thanks for updating - makes me feel better!
Love,
Mom

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

do they give you all faith formation, or do they get it? just wondering?
Mom

6:32 AM  
Blogger Claire said...

I hope I have enough $...I think I should. I still need to make some reservations though, so we'll see. Good to know what's going on although I'm not sure I wanted to hear that the new car is coming apart lol. And I think they are supposed to be forming our faith... I think we're their 'apostolate' or something. Apparently that's a requirement, that they have to have one of those.

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home