Friday, May 12, 2006

Frustrated

Since I've been home, my goal has been to get a job. There's a saga behind this; I applied to work at this one firm in Old Ellicott City last year because it seems to match up rather well with what ND teaches in its architecture program, and it's close! I was estatic when they called me this year during my spring break- it was funny because I had to call them back from a payphone in Angers, France! Anyway, they said that I should call them when I came back to the States after school got out- which I did. I called for about a week and never got an answer. Finally one day I did get through to the person in charge of hiring yesterday, who said that my name had never crossed his desk! He said however that he would talk to the boss about hiring me and call back that afternoon. He didn't, of course, or I wouldn't be writing this! I called him, and he said that the boss was too busy, he'd talk with him tomorrow and let me know. I agreed, waited all day, and called to pester them into hiring me. Well, the boss had an emergency and left the office very upset, cancelling all his meetings. So I may hear if I have an interview on Monday. This is all so frustrating, especially since THEY CALLED ME during the school year! I wanna job...!


Until then, I'm eating chocolates and watching TLC's What Not to Wear, a highly addictive show, unless you happen to watch it as much as TLC airs it, in which case you have anti- ADD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home